Increased competitiveness and desire to improve fuel efficiency and reduce environmental impact are driving Aerospace Industry to innovate new designs that meet these challenges. Over years, Aerospace Industry has become significantly dependent on CAE to improve its designs. CAE models are now more detailed and include multi-disciplinary aspects, making the models highly complex and time-consuming to build and analyze. Moreover, optimizing a CAE design for performance through evaluation of numerous design variations increases the CAE time by many fold.
BETA CAE Systems, with its software suite of ANSA and µETA, brings in significant value addition to the aforementioned process. ANSA’s multi-module environment of CAD healing, Advanced Meshing, Deck set-up, and Morphing, integrated seamlessly under a single interface helps engineers build complex CAE models for a variety of commercial solvers. ANSA’s morphing module can be used to easily generate design variations from a CAE model, rather than a CAD model, thereby, saving significant modeling time. Some of the key features in ANSA for Aerospace Industry include:
- Inbuilt proprietary geometry engine to build and repair CAD geometry.
- Automatic Middle surface extraction for uniform and variable thickness components.
- Template driven Batch Mesh manager that simplifies high fidelity, curvature dependent, and analysis specific mesh generation.
- Comprehensive boundary layer feature to generate boundary layers on highly complex models.
- Automatic creation of beam elements with a database based cross-section definitions.
- Numerous solver specific boundary conditions and analysis set-up functions to output analysis ready models.
- Results mapping feature to incorporate inter-disciplinary results in building new models.
- Powerful surface wrapping tool to quickly generate water-tight surface mesh from a pool of CAD and legacy parts.
- Detailed laminate tool to easily create, modify and visualize stacking sequences of Composite Laminates.
- Advanced morphing functionality to easily create design variations from an existing design.
µETA’s multi-disciplinary, parallel visualization features offer organizations significant cost and time savings. Through numerous automation features, µETA greatly simplifies the post-processing tasks from solver results to a customized pptx, pdf, or html reports to minimal steps. Some of the key features in µETA include:
- Support for numerous discipline and solver specific results such as those from FLUENT, STAR CCM+, OpenFOAM, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, and LS-DYNA.
- Overlay sessions tool for consistent, easily automated workflow.
- Hot spots identification through filtering capabilities.
- Integrated advanced graphing tool for direct plotting of from 3D models and imported solver history files.
- Customized NVH post-processing with 2D plots (Polar, Magnitude-Phase, and DNA) and integrated tools such as modal model building, modal response calculator and FRF assembly.
- Dedicated durability and fatigue analysis post-processing tools.
- Image matching and video synchronization tools for results comparison.
- Automatic report generation tool in PPTX, PDF and HTML formats.
- Customized toolbars for CFD, Composites, and Bearing Distortion post-processing.