TOSCA – ANSA Environment (TAe)
TAe is a comprehensive solution for TOSCA™ optimization analysis. It is based on ANSA’s Task Manager technology, an intuitive process manager that guides the user through various steps of problem setup, model verification and TOSCA™ runs from a single GUI. TAE is also able to initiate post processing of optimization results using the VTF visualization module in TOSCA™. TAe can be accessed through the ANSA pre-processor or can be acquired as a stand-alone module. Simulia TOSCA™ is a product of Dassault Systèmes.
The tools, automatically defines a ready-to-run FE model, with validated integrity and accuracy of the optimum solution. The model validation process consists of:
- Re-meshing of the surface model that produced from the Tosca Smooth module in order to improve the elements quality
- Automatic volume meshing of the surface model
- Redistribution of the boundary condition entities like SPC, MPC, loads and pressure from the initial to the optimized model
- Run the validation model to a predefined solver.
TAe offers solutions for optimization during the concept phase of the product and provide lighter and stiffer structures while it respects the manufacturing constraints. It’s ideal for prototype builds. The process consists of:
- Removing elements from the initial design space
- Creation of a smooth surface around the remaining elements using Tosca Smooth
- Definitions of the validation model that is a solid structure ready-to-run in the solver.
Shape optimization is used to improve existing designs and provide more reliable and durable components by minimizing stress, strain, and damage. The optimizer applies smooth modifications on the surface to improve model behavior.
Bead optimization is used to improve the static and dynamic behavior of shell structures by generating optimal bead layouts. The bead generation respects manufacturing constraints and can be addressed in complex geometries and realistic loads.
Sizing optimization modifies the sheet thicknesses of the model and finds the optimum combination between weight, stiffness and dynamic behavior. It works efficiently for large-scale models with up to millions of design variables.